Friday, April 1, 2011

Doing well last 2 days

When I wrote out my plan for Tuesday, I didn't think about being out of the house most of the day. I did follow the plan for breakfast but we had late lunch early dinner, as much as I wanted McDs, I chose sandwich express instead. Ham and turkey on whole wheat, no cheese. I don't remember how I did later that night but I seem to remember funyuns and BBQ potato chips.

Wednesday was much better I entered most of what I ate, The only thing remember eating that was missing from the log wad some peach rings chewy candy. Might have been something else but I don't think so I clocked in at about 1300 calories. Then I decided to get some of the chocolate outta the house since Mikey can't eat it, even in moderation and moderation is hard when it's an entire cake or brownie mix. I turned a devils food cake mix into cookies, adding peanut butter chips to half of them. I was making them for Mikeys friends he camps with up at the Portland swap meet. He left Wednesday morning but his dad was going up Thursday morning. The 1 cake mix didn't make many cookies, so I googled "brownie mix cookies" and made another couple dozen cookies. I also made Carmel Rice Krispies for Mikey. He will be ignoring his diet while he is at the swap meet for 4 days.
So wednesday night I did indulge in some cookie dough and 2 fresh baked cookies.

Thursday morning, I packed up all of the goodies save 6 cookies, Ariel was coming over and I figured we could have one with lunch and I'd have a few to enjoy in moderation.
I had 2 for breakfast shortly after I sent the package up.

Ariel came over later on and she tells me they've been trying to get pregnant for 16 months now. Also she found out she is diabetic and has high cholesterol. I made us a healthy lunch and bagged up all the cookies.

Hearing of her medical woes, and looking at the beautiful face of my 6.5 week old, I was again motivated to get healthy. I took Ellie for her first stroller ride. 5 laps around the property took about 20 minutes. Connie got home at that point and I drank 16oz of water before making us a healthy dinner and drinking more water. After dinner I bundled Ellie up again and we walked for another 40 minutes and we both felt great enjoying the sunshine.

After our walk I refilled my water cup and made a portion controlled snack.

This morning, as much as cookies sounded like a great breakfast, I resisted and ate a grapefruit and fell back to sleep for a while. Not a real breakfast but it wasn't cookies. I enjoyed a healthy portion controlled lunch and snack. I stayed active much of the day, I moved a few boxes from storage up the stairs to the loft. I also went up and down the stairs more carrying Ellie and laundry. It was another beautiful day so we decided to hang up a load of laundry to dry.

We went on another walk, 5 laps/20 minutes pushing Ellie in the stroller.

More laundry and a healthy dinner and im feeling proud of myself. That bag of cookies has been calling my name all day but I've resisted, since breakfast wasn't a real meal today, I'm going to have another meal and probably savor every morsel of 1 cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment