Wednesday, April 13, 2011

96 Calorie Muffin


I'm sharing a "recipe" (I use that term loosely) for high fiber, 0 cholesterol, muffins from a box



The box says to use vegetable oil and eggs.


I used prunes


and apple sauce




I googled "alternative to egg in baking" and someone said 3 tablespoons apple sauce per egg.


then I googled "alternative to vegetable oil in baking" and found apple sauce, and prunes amongst other things. I had a can of prunes on my counter. I love the little individually wrapped prunes, so tasty and good for you!


I found that 6 TBSP of apple sauce wasn't quite 138grams, so I just added more until It was about that(to make math easier), then unwrapped, chopped and smashed 3 prunes. I was just estimating that would be about the equivalent, with the extra apple sauce, to the oil.


I did the math, using the "as packaged" column of the nutrition info and decided to make 18 muffins instead of 12, so they would be about 100 calories each.


I divided the batter amongst 18 muffin cups and baked them for like 17 minutes at 425 as the box suggests


They turned out very very moist, almost too moist, next time, I would cut the water back a bit.


also they stuck to the papers some, so spraying them with Pam isn't a bad idea, I'm sure using some or all of the oil would have helped.


NUTRITION FACTS:


Calories: in mix 130X12= 1560 1/2 cup apple sauce =90 3/4 serving prunes= 75 = 1725 / 18 muffins= 95.83 Calories each


Fat: in mix 3X12= 36 none in applesauce or prunes 36/18= 2g each muffin


Carbs: in the mix: 27x12=324 in applesauce 23 in prunes 18 = 365/18 = 20g each muffin

Fiber: in the mix: 5x12=60 in applesauce 1g in prunes 1 g 62/18= 3.4g per muffin

1 comment:

  1. That sounds yummy girl, I actually love those fiber one muffins, he he. I would love for you to share this recipe at my blog, if you get a chance.

    Hugs, Bella :)

    ReplyDelete