Sunday, May 22, 2011

weekend at the coast, plan for this week.

We were on vacation this weekend. I told myself i wouldnt worry too much, but not forget that i need to eat healthier.

I didnt order anything but water to drink and we only went out to eat for 2 meals each day.

Friday, before we left was my grandma's funeral, there was food there and i couldnt eat the salad because it was covered in cheese and creamy dressing, I had 2 mini sandwiches which had ham and mayo,since i removed the cheese. I had a little potato salad a few carrot sticks. I did have like 6 little cookies. ugh. and punch instead of water. it wasnt even good punch.
for dinner, we went to a seafood buffet, i had a big salad and fruit and a few peices of each fish. many of it was fried though. luckily i couldnt have the pasta, chowder, or mashed potatoes/gravy.
Saturday morning I had eggs benedict, with buckwheat pancakes and fruit. I shouldnt have had the hollendaise sauce, it ended up bugging Ellie that night. and hollendais sauce is butter and egg yolk. one of the worst sauces i am sure. i didnt finish my pancakes because i was full.
for dinner, I ordered prime rib. I did carefully cut the meat away from the fat. I had salad instead of chowder, but i should have had veggies instead of fries, I thought the fries would be easier to eat one handed if i had to hold Ellie. That logic didnt make sense with the prime rib. Just try cutting meat 1 handed. I had salad with dinner too.
Sunday Morning, I had a couple strawberries and some trail mix to hold me over until lunch. I ordered a trio of cold seafood sliders and a side salad, instead of chowder. do not praise me for the healthy subsititute, i cant have chowder. The sandwiches were really yummy.
when we got home, i was tired and worn out. i had peanut butter on a whole wheat tortilla and a little handful of chocolate chips. for dinner, we had chicken meatballs and tator tots. because it was easy. then i had an apple.

We didnt stop by the candy store as we usually do. We didnt stop an stock up on pepperoni sticks from the factory store as i had planned, they have been a really common snack for me, easy and yummy and portion controlled, but theyre fatty and i was thinking of the high cholersterol thing. The only convience store food I got was a bag of trail mix and 1 pepperoni stick, which i shared about 1/3 of with Annie, our bull dog. I tried to drink more water and took my vitamins most of the time i was supposed to. I ended up with a pretty nasty migraine headache on saturday so I did get a pepsi from the vending machine for the caffeine but didnt even drink it all.

tomorrow, I will eat healthy and plan out some healthy meals with what we have on hand. which isnt much, we havent been grocery shopping lately. actually we have plenty of food, in the freezer, stuff that take energy to make. which is a stupid excuse because the easy dinner we had tonight was from the freezer and i chose it because it was easy.

I have grilled chicken strips, fully cooked beef strips, salmon burgers, chicken and turkey meatballs, all kinds of veggies to steam, frozen fruit for smoothies (which i have been meaning to try with rice milk) I have some whole wheat pasta and tortillas and brown rice.

as for exercise, Ellie was in her car seat and stroller a lot more than usual this weekend, she was in the Moby part of the time, but not as much as usual, so tomorrow, we go for a moby walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment