Sunday, May 22, 2011

hypothyroidism

i got some blood work done, apparently my thyroid levels are high, which means its underactive. this could explain why i havent really lost weight in the last 3 weeks. its supposedly normal with pregnancy for the thyroid to get messed up. the numbers were high on a previous check up a couple years back, but then normal after that, so i dont know, not sure if its the kind of thing that comes and goes or if it is just thanks to pregnancy hormones this time. my dr wants to start meds, I need to do some research on this, but i think i will likely go with the meds, because it could help me lose weight, and lower my cholesterol which is also high.

1 comment:

  1. My thyroid level is low and has been on desiccated porcine tablet for two years. Since then, my fatigue and depression decreased.

    ReplyDelete